Marketing products and services on the Internet can be challenging. Often times, small business owners, veterans included, feel that once they set up their website that products and services will just fly off the shelves.
Unfortunately, there is a good deal more involved than that.
Or, veteran small business owners who have had great success marketing their products and services off-line believe that using the same tactics and strategies online will yield the same results.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t work that way either.
So here are some basic ideas on creating offers for online sales. If you have already built a site that is generating traffic, these ideas will help “smooth the path” towards making sales online. One of the best ways to increase your sales is to offer your potential customers a special offer. It could be trial offers, discounts, purchase awards, etc. Below are ten sizzling offers you could use to sell your products like crazy. Everyone loves to get a deal.
1. You could offer your potential customers a free sample of your product. If the sample proves what you claim, there is a high chance they will buy it.
2. You could give your potential customers a free trial of your product or service. Tell them you won’t bill them for 30 days.
3. You could offer your potential customers a rebate after they buy your product or service. They will feel they are getting a good deal.
4. You could offer your potential customers a monthly payment plan. Tell them they can pay for your product or service with three easy monthly payments.
5. You could reward your potential customers if they buy a specific number of products. Tell them if they buy 3 or more products, they will get one free.
6. You could reward your potential customers if they spend over a specific dollar amount. Tell them if they spend over $100, they get a 10% discount.
7. You could hold a holiday sale for your potential customers. Tell them everything on your web site is discounted up to 50% on Thanksgiving Day.
8. You could hold a buy one get one free sale for your potential customers. Tell them if they buy one product, they get another product for free at the same value.
9. You could hold a special $1 sale for your potential customers. They’ll come to your web site to buy your product for only a dollar, but may buy other products.
10. You could offer your potential customers a bonus coupon when they buy one of your products. It could be a coupon for another product you sell.
Bonus: Bundle your offer with another business’ that offers a complimentary product or service. For example, if you make bath products, you could team up with a chiropractor, salon, day spa, etc. This is called a joint venture. I have tips on creating successful joint ventures here: Tips for creating successful joint ventures for veteran owned small businesses.
Regardless of the special offer, ensure that your product is of high quality and delivers value to the marketplace. The job of the veteran entrepreneur is to be of service to their market and bring value to the marketplace.
If you are a follower of mine on social media, you know that I recently joined the Empower Network. I joined the Empower Network because, while I know a great deal about building off line businesses, I knew very little about building online businesses. To be frank, I probably would never have considered bringing my business online, had it not been for my illness.
It is said that things happen for a reason. And, that we are where we need to be at all times. What I’ve learned over the last 30 days in the Empower Network has doubled the traffic to my website AND I’ve already started to make more money . So, if you are veteran, a service-disabled veteran or a military spouses who is considering offering a product or service online; Click Here to immediately increase your chances of success.